On 4/2/06, Philippe Lamote <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1/ What would it take to use this (apart from adding the lib in web-inf/lib
> :-) (if you don't mind, could you make a summary as I did for the Spring -
> JSF integration? I've seen the question pass by on this list but nowhere a
> consise, clear stepwise approach for this integration. Also there is a
> strange total lack of doc of this Sourceforge project)

Yes, the lack of documentation is annoying.

Here's an update of my "MyFaces and Spring. " posting from November:

Under jsf-spring 2.7.1, here is what I was using successfully for months:

1) Deleted META-INF/faces-config.xml out of the jsf-spring.jar file
since the file was defective.

2) had variable resolver configured in WEB-INF/faces-config.xml
(restoring functionality from step 1):
  <application>

<variable-resolver>de.mindmatters.faces.spring.FacesSpringVariableResolver</variable-resolver>
  </application>

3) had request handler filter configured in WEB-INF/web.xml:

    <filter>
        <filter-name>RequestHandled</filter-name>

<filter-class>de.mindmatters.faces.spring.RequestHandledFilter</filter-class>
    </filter>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>RequestHandled</filter-name>
       <servlet-name>FacesServlet</servlet-name>
    </filter-mapping>

4) Had spring listener registered in WEB-INF/web.xml:
    <listener>

<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
    </listener>

And this all worked great.

Under jsf-spring 3.0.0 M2, here's what I've been using since mid-November

1) There is no META-INF/faces-config.xml file.
2) I have commented out the faces-config.xml variable resolver.
3) I've replaced the RequestHandler class with
de.mindmatters.faces.spring.support.RequestHandledFilter.
4) I've commented out the spring listener.
5) I've added the Code Generation Library
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/cglib) dependency:
cglib-nodep-2.1_3.jar