On 4/5/06, joelus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there anyway around this? ie, can I either override the css supplied when
> using the extensions filter for my tabbedpane, or, can I get the
> inputcalendar component to work without the extensions filter?

There may be better ways to do this, but since the Extension filter
intercepts two kinds of requests, just add a second filter in front of
it that intercepts the resource-serving part.   When you see a
resource you want to replace, then serve your own resource instead.
Otherwise, let the request go through to the extension filter.

<!-- my replacement  -->
<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>MyResourceServerFilter</filter-name>

<url-pattern>/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/css-file-to-replace.css</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

<!-- extension mapping for serving page-independent resources
(javascript, stylesheets, images, etc.)  -->
<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

I think there's a javascriptLocation attribute you can specify per
component.  I wonder if there's also a cssLocation attribute?   If
not, perhaps you could submit a patch to create one.