You're better off posting this question to the facelets mailing list.

However, I think the answer is that you can do this:

Map your facelet requests to *.xhtml.
Map your jsp requests to *.jsp.

However, you need to change to using prefix mapping "/faces/*" in
order for all of this to work together.

    <context-param>
                <param-name>javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX</param-name>
                <param-value>.jsp</param-value>
        </context-param>

    <context-param>
      <param-name>facelets.VIEW_MAPPINGS</param-name>
      <param-value>*.xhtml</param-value>
    </context-param>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>FacesServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>