On 4/12/06, Joerg Bredlau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm working on validation for my InputComponents. For each of the
> components I want individual messages if
> the field is empty.
>
> Or is there another approach for validation with individual messages to
> empty fields?

As of JSF 1.1, there is not another way to do this.   JSF 1.2 will
support a requiredMessage attribute on UIComponents.

If you'd like to submit a patch to allow Tomahawk components to
support a requiredMessage value, we're interested in one.   Tomahawk
validators already support a "message" attribute, but this won't help
for the required attribute on components.

You should be able to make the OptionalValidationFramework work for
this situation, but there are probably better ways to do it.