Not sure I understand. Are you referring to the binding of a component's
attribute to a backing bean? Or the binding of the component itself to a
backing bean?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kienenberger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:24 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: Help me understand component lilfecycle please.

On 4/27/06, Neuman, Ben J., A&M IRM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Got it. It makes sense to me to "disregard" unrendered components during
> phase-processing code. I guess I have issues with the inability to modify
> components before the initial rendering. Still feel this is a spec
weakness.

Well, you "configure" a component by specifying attributes.

However, it's also possible to configure it by using a binding
attribute -- you bind the attribute to a backing bean, and then,
depending on whether you use set or get, you can either modify the
preconstructed component, or create your own version of the component
yourself.

Sorry I didn't point this out earlier as this might be what you wanted.