+1 for immediate="true", but sometimes it is not sufficient for complex forms, you can take a look to the OptionalValidationFramework http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/OptionalValidationFramework (i wasn't able to work it but may be you can..)

On 4/28/06, Bjørn T Johansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:59:54 +0200
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is is possible to disable the validation? I would like to use a commandLink.
> When I press this link the validations of the input fields should be disabled.

Set immediate="true"

Bjørn T Johansen

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Someone wrote:
"I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic messages"
To which someone replied:

Murat HAZER
Elektrik-Elektronik Mühendisi - Electrical-Electronics Engineer
Tel - Phone: +90 222 335 05 80 - 1395
Cep Tel - Mobile Phone: +90 532 472 00 63
Blog URL: http://www.projedunyasi.org