I would appreciate some suggestions for the handing of dates:
I'm using Tomahawk <t:inputDate .../> to collect a person's date of birth in a
backing bean variable of type Date.
When I subsequently view the date using a simple <h:outputText ../> it displays
the original date minus 1 day, even though the Date variable is set correctly.
For example I enter 01-Jan-1965  and outputText displays 31-Dec-1964.

I'm not using any converters and I assume that the default converter is taking
in to account my timezone, I'm on CET (GMT+1), and calculating 01-Jan-1965
00:00:00 minus 1 hour to display the GMT time (correct?).

The application is going to be accessed from different timezones but the date
display must be exactly as entered.
What would be the easiest/cleanest way to get around this problem?
I guess I could dynamically set <f:convertDateTime
timeZone="#{User.timeZone}"/> to the user's timezone but I'd rather the date
was simply treated as a Date without any time and timezone.

Gianni