Hi Philippe,

To part B:
the generated html element ids are not the same as you set on the jsf
tags. I think this is the problem of your javascript.
This is not a bug! see http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/forceId

If in doubt take a look into the generated html source for the ids.

Regards,
  Volker

--
Don't answer to From: address!