From: Catalin Kormos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2006 20:14
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: 2 forms on one page?

Hi,

Looks to me like you could use the subForm component from sandbox:
http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox/subForm.html

HTH,
Catalin

Michael Heinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

I have another question:

Is it possible to define 2 forms on one page and that only the submitted form is validated?
e.g. buttonA submits formA and buttonB submits formB?

I have a datatable on my page with a detail pane.
The detail pane contains some fields in order to update the detail data of the selected object (formA).
If the user selects multiple objects in the datatable, then I have to show another form (formB) in order to update different fields at once for the selected objects.
These fields have to be bound to different attributes of my backing bean of course.
So if the user submits formB then the model of formA should not be updated.

I want to switch the visibility of the 2 forms via _javascript_ without a generating new server request.
Does JSF support the above scenario (e.g. with subviews)?
Or is this a requirement that should be better processed with ajax (which would be more complex for me)?

Any help is highly appreciated again
Michael

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2�/min or less.