This year, I'm pleased to be hosting another BOF session at JavaOne in San
Francisco next month (May 16-19).

The BOF (#2311) is entitled "Evolution of a Web Application Architecture".
Here's the abstract:

---

This session explores the evolution of JSFCentral.com, a community site
focused on JavaServerT Faces technology. The session explores the
development of the site, focusing on specific trade-offs and design choices.
It follows the evolution of the site's architecture through four distinct
stages:

1. A pure HTML site published via XML and XSLT
2. A JavaServer PagesT (JSPT) technology site generated through XML and XSLT

3. A combination JavaServer Faces technology and pure JSP technology
generated through XML and XSLT
4. A portlet-based site using JSF, XML/XSLT, and portal features

Specific challenges, such as maintaining site stability and URLs are
covered.

This BOF will consist of a presentation interspersed with suggestions gained
from the development experience. It will end with an open discussion of
different approaches for evolving architectures.

----

Of course, JSF Central isn't currently running inside of a portal quite yet.
But we're working on it :-).

At any rate, the session will be held on May 17th in room Metro 1, and
starts at 9:30pm. Last year, I had a late BOF that was jam-packed (everyone
couldn't fit in). I'm not convinced it'll be quite as full this year, but if
you're at JavaOne and you're interested, please stop by!

Kito D. Mann ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
http://www.virtua.com - JSF/J2EE consulting, training, and mentoring
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Mann;Kito;D.
FN:Kito D. Mann ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
ORG:Virtua, Inc.
TITLE:Principal Consultant
TEL;WORK;VOICE:203-653-2989
TEL;CELL;VOICE:917-848-3359
TEL;WORK;FAX:203-653-2988
ADR;WORK:;;73 Highland Rd;Stamford;CT;06902;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:73 Highland Rd=0D=0AStamford, CT 06902=0D=0AUnited States of America
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
REV:20060406T003936Z
END:VCARD