Actually I would go with the *tagged* release since that is *exactly*
what goes into the artifacts (they should be the same as the branch
though.)

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/core/tags/1_1_3/

Even better, you can "browse" the source online with your browser
without even checking out.

Sean