Hello Ryan, hello Todd,

thanks for your response,
@Todd, i'll try the 4 rc2 this week perhaps i got a better result
@Ryan, my beans are in session scope, the only one in request scope works fine.
best regards,

ben

Ryan Wynn schrieb:
On 5/12/06, Papaioannou, Todd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> Liferay 3.6.1 had a lot of problems with JSF portlets. I've been using> the> new 4.0.0 rc2 version with a lot more success. Make sure you use the> updated util-jsf.jar in your portlets and things should improve.>> Todd>> > -----Original Message-----> > From: Benjamin Bratkus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 2:41 AM> > To: MyFaces Discussion> > Subject: Re: jsf portlet input components do not set their> > values to the model> >> > hello all,> >> > after a few trys i've found out why the inputcomponents do> > not write their user given values to the model. first it> > could be that there is an issue for the myfacesportlet or the> > tomahawk components or for liferay portal. the experience i> > gained was that my formular was to complex to run with> > liferay 3.6.1. the application was deployed first as a> > standalone app for tomcat and works fine. but after> > redeploying this app into liferay the components lost their> > values. the next is that i made the forms much simpler and> > now the portlet isn't rendered correct. means that the> > components exeed the border of the portlet which contains the> > application. This occures first time at the second page of my> > app. the start page is rendered well, but after proceeding a> > action which leeds to the create page the t:datatable exeed> > the border.> >> > so is this a known problem with liferay or could it be a> > problem of myfaces?> >> > best regards,> >> > ben> >> > http://forums.liferay.com/index.php?showtopic=4735> >> Might be the 2 phase ->action request/render request design ofportlets. What you see as not updating the model may be updating arequest scoped bean in the action phase only for the bean to berecreated during the render phase. Is the bean is question request scoped? If so try session orapplication scope and see if the model is updated.