From: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Roger Keays
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 5:28 AM
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: using saveState on non-managed bean?

Hi all,

I'm trying to use t:saveState to make a bean available across several
requests. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work (I get a bean is null error
after submitting the form) and AFAICT this is because saveState restores the
bean by doing some magic with ValueBindings, and not directly manipulating
the scope.

I am guessing that it is not working for me since my bean is not a JSF
managed bean. Can anybody tell me whether or not this is right? My
understanding of ValueBindings isn't 100%, but I can't see where else it
could be breaking.

Thanks in advance,

Roger

Ninth Avenue Software