It is also strange that other form fields are cleared.. it again makes
me think that something is going wrong between the first and the
second call. You may try to backup your current jsp page, rip out all
that isn't strictly related to your dataTable and try to track the
problem.

Check also that there's an <h:messages> in your page, and look for
strange entry in your log.

Cosma