Performance measurements have shown that plain server side state
saving (without serialization and without compressing state) comes
with the best values.

Also usage of StreamingAddResource brings about 20% performance improvements.

Apart from that, using JSP as page description slows down. Facelets
would be the better choice concerning performance.

cheers,

Gerald