I use t:commandLink all the time in dataTables and dataList controls,
never with an issue. Perhaps it is better with facelets, but I have
never seen an issue.

-Andrew

On 5/18/06, Le Van <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> Marti
>
> perhaps [1] is interesting for you
>
> [1] http://tinyurl.com/p59la
>
> On 5/16/06, Mike Kienenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> None of these issues appear to be related to what you described.
>> They either deal with a different component (dataList) or were
>> solved/invalidated for other reasons.
>>
>> Without a reproducable test case, there's not much we can do about it
>> -- after all, it could be something unique to your particular
>> situation.
>>
>> It is true that you need to persist your data model across requests.
>> But you don't have to use a session-scoped bean.   You can use a
>> request-scoped bean with t:saveState instead.   This is what I do.
>>

>> On 5/16/06, Marti, Adrian (Adrian) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Mike,
>> >         I did some research on this before and it seemed to be a very
>> > random problem. Someone had said that it could be do to a race
>> condition
>> > during id generation. One fix was to set the bean to session but that
>> > seems like a hack. Anyways here are some jira #'s that have to do with
>> > the problem. A lot of these are closed but the same problem seems to
>> > keep popping up. I too use commandlinks inside datatables that work
>> > fine, but then on other pages with different object types the
>> > commandlinks do not fire the action methods. Commandlinks outside
>> of the
>> > datatable on the same page fire fine.
>> >
>> > MYFACES-247
>> >
>> > MYFACES-803 and 802 I guess
>> >
>> > MYFACES-604  the solution given here does not apply as my
>> collection is
>> > not null at that point in the lifecycle.
>> >
>> > There are a few others for dataList but I'm not sure if that's the
>> same
>> > thing so I left them out.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Adrian

I got this problem but it came with h:dataTable. Then I play with
MyFaces and everything is OK. But I don't like t:commandLink at all. I
think your problem came from
t:commandLink because till now I use h:commandLink with t:dataTable