A good thought, but not always very practical. If there are a lot of
visible nodes, and the visible nodes have a lot of children, the
performance would be really bad. With the work Jacob and others are
doing on the Avatar front, an AJAX request to get the nodes could take
milliseconds, so the user wouldn't really notice it.

Perhaps we can make sure that someone could extend the tree and do
this if they want under specific circumstances where they know it
would work.

-Andrew