We had a similiar problem with a JSF Webapp. The webapp is not myfaces-enabled but the reason of your problem could be same as ours. The main reason of our problem is the classloader selections of WebSphere. We are using application classloader-policy for ear and module classloader-policy for war with parent last classloading mode. The J2EE spec says, locate the tld files under WEB-INF/tlds folder or the related jars under WEB-INF/lib folder. I think tomahawk.jar is not loaded with the classloader of your war. If you are using a shared library (contains tomahawk.jar), that could also be the other reason.

Hope this helps.

Mert