I understand that its no longer there.  I was trying to give you an
alternate way to do what you want.  getNode() is not coming back so
you will need to adapt.

Reread my last answer again.  Basically you use the binding attribute
of tree2 to bind a reference to the tree to your backing bean.  (The
binding attribute is common to most components and this strategy is
described in lots of JSF books.)  Once you have a reference to the
tree in your backing bean, your selectedNode() method can just ask the
tree what the current node is.

Sean