Hi!

Just in case someone uses this feature too I'll share my findings here.
The problems arises after one of the last IE updates, don't know exactly
when.

On one page we submitted a form into a newly opened window target with
something like this:

var win = window.open(.....);
form.submit();

where we used the same target name when opening the window and on the form.
Previously IE opened the window and the result of the form submittal
appeared there, now, after the update, IE opened the window and another
one with the result.
So you'll get two open windows.

Thank you M$ for this new feature ;-) I guess this has something to do
with their popup blocker which seems to be active even in the "local zone".

I workaround it by using dojo/ajax. In short the new code is:
    _win = window.open(idlePage,form.target,.......);

    dojo.io.bind(
    {
        load: function(type, data, evt)
        {
            _win.document.writeln(data);
            _win.document.close();
        },
        mimetype: "text/html",
        formNode: form
    });

"idlePage" is something like "please wait, your request will be
processed ...".
As soon as the ajax request finished the window content will be replaced
with this data.
This works with firefox and IE at least in its latest version, dont know
about other browsers.

Ciao,
Mario