Temporary solution.

I had to change the component from inputText to
outputText, I didn't have a solid reason to have it as
inputText because the value shouldn't be modifiable.

But, why the question stil remains: Why the componente
(inputText) doesn't show the new value in the page,
but its binding String in the bean has the right
value?

Thanks a lot,
Johnny
 --- Johnny Gonzalez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
escribió:

> Hello Bruno,
>
> Sure it all is wrapped by tags <h:form> </h:form>
>
> When I select something in the selectOneMenu, the
> form
> gets refreshed. but there's no visual change in the
> value of the InputText in the page.
>
> so, what do you think?
>

>  --- Bruno Aranda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:
>
> > Have you included the <h:form> tags around your
> > code?
> >
> > Bruno
> >
> > On 6/13/06, Johnny Gonzalez
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Hello everybody,
> > >
> > > I have a JSP wich has a selectOneMenu, with this
> > code:
> > >
> > > <h:selectOneMenu id="discountsLst"
> > > value="#{myBean.discount}" styleClass="atexto12"
> > > valueChangeListener="#{myBean.selectTypeDesc}"
> > > onchange="submit();">
> > >

> > <f:selectItems
> > > value="#{myBean.itemsDisc}"/>
> > >

> > </h:selectOneMenu>
> > >
> > > In the code of the method selectTypeDesc I have
> > > sentece that depending on the discount selected,
> > > retrieves its numeric value and calls the setter
> > for
> > > the inputText, in order to set the new value to
> > show
> > > on it, so I'm using this:

setSelectedDiscountValue(""+discountType.getNumericValue());