Nice investigation.

Can you open an issue on jira for that?

Thanks,
Matthias

On 6/23/06, Rumiana Todorova <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thank's for the quick answer! ;)

We made some experiments here and here is what we found:

Since our problem was only with IE and not in Firefox we tracked the request
headers that were sent by both browsers. It seems that Firefox is sending an
"accept-charset" header while IE is not.
We also saw that dojo uses POST method.

We found that adding a proper "accept-charset" request header when using
XmlHttpRequest solves our problem and it works both for IE and Firefox.
Sample code that works for us:

function setItemsByAjax(item) {
        this.xmlreq.abort();
        var url = "/" + this.contextId + "/ajaxServlet.do?" +
encodeURI(<params>);
        this.xmlreq.open("POST", url, true);
        this.xmlreq.setRequestHeader("Content-Type",
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
        this.xmlreq.setRequestHeader("accept-charset", "UTF-8");
        this.xmlreq.send(null);
}

I hope this will give you a clue on what can be done so that the issue could
be solved. I am afraid this could be related a lot to the dojo code.

Thanks again.

Matthias Wessendorf
Aechterhoek 18
48282 Emsdetten