Hi Michael,

You might want to check to see if your login page is entering into a session. When the server restarts and the same page has not been refreshed in the browser it might be associated with a stale session. When the browser refreshs a new (and valid) session will be created. Two ways to get around it (a) allow Tomcat to save sessions between restarts and  (b) don;t let your login page start a session.

From: Michael Heinen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:53 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: LoginAction not executed after server restart

I have a standard login page with two input fields.

The corresponding BackingBean has Request scope and a login-Action.

Now I'm facing a (for me) strange behaviour:

The login page is displayed without any values.

Now I restart Tomcat (happens often during development).

When I enter values and execute the login action then the login page is displayed again without any values.

The loginAction was not executed!

So I have to enter my values again and login again and then the login action is called.

This occurs only if Tomcat has been restarted.

Why is the login action not called after the first submit?

The backingBean has request scope, as I mentioned before.

I use server side state saving.

Thanks for any help

Michael