I have a tree table that I only want to display if direct is true.

The direct flag is a property of the backing bean and is used as follows:

                                model="#{emergencyContactHandler.treeModel}"

value="#{emergencyContactHandler.treeModel}"

                                    rowClasses="oddRow, evenRow"

                                    nodeClass="nodeClass"

                                    columnClasses="col1, col2, col3, col4"

                                    iconNodeOpen="/images/nodrill2.gif"

                                    iconNodeClose="/images/drill2.gif"

rendered="#{emergencyContractHandler.direct}"

I put a breakpoint in the isDirect method and it seems to never get called

If I remove,

rendered="#{emergencyContractHandler.direct}"

Then the tree display, otherwise it will never display.

Has anyone run into this before?

(The above is using facelets)