Mario Ivankovits wrote:

Hi!
First of all, thank you a lot for the immediate reply.
Accessibility is something we have to take more care of, I think.

In my previous post I forgot to mention that I'm using My Faces
through the project seam of JBoss. Seam adds some new tags but the
element <datatable> I use comes from My Faces.
First of all, if we manage to fix this, you will have to use the
tomahawk datatable (t:datatable) and not the JSF default one (h:datatable).

I know that the "id=/headers=" issue is not so much of importance, but
the project I'm working on, demands full support of accessibility
rules. Thus I need to provide these attributes.
Any ideas ?? You would help me a lot.
No, I'll discuss this on the myfaces-dev ml.

Now, concerning the caption, I have searched and found a relevant JIRA
issue, where this bug is reported (almost a month ago) and which
appears to be closed.
While searching in the svn repository to find the version with this
bug fixed I found that the change (concerning the caption) was removed
a little time afterwards.
It looks like JSF 1.2 fix this missing caption and this is where this
patch was meant to go. Though, maybe we can backport it to the tomahawk
datatable.

(Except from this, I found it difficult to get all the source needed
by maven to build a version of myfaces--because of the directory
structure followed in each version)
you can use the svn external
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/current to get all whats needed
to build the stuff with mvn.

Should I open a new JIRA issue??

Yes please, that way its easier for us to keep track of the status.

Ciao,
Mario

Hi Mario,

Have you found anything concerning the accessibility issues?
Any news about the implementation caption tag, which seams more straightforward?
Please help, because I have to proceed with this.

Thanx,
Elenh.