AppFuse (https://appfuse.dev.java.net/) is a very good project start point with many technologies merged together.

Ricardo.

On 7/13/06, Jesse Alexander (KSFD 121) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
As others have said, maybe you should consider more of a stack than just

an appserver and the UI-framework

Spikesource has a nice picture of components for such stacks on their
website. I have not tried their stacks... but to get an idea:
<http://www.spikesource.com/products/corestack.html>

The Spring framework tries to get all of it under one hood. And judging
from the growing user-population it seems to do it well:
<http://www.springframework.org/>

JSf and therefor MyFaces play a role because they are part of the
official
standardized JEE stack from version 1.5 onward...
Spring, by the way, can play together with JSF

Guess you have some reading ;-) And most probably some more questions...

- Performance and J2EE?
  well a full-blown J2EE container usually can help in two ways:
  - distribute the load on a flexible amount of hardware by clustering
  - distribute the load on hardware by putting different layers of the
    app on different machines (JSF on one, EJB's on another one, DB on a
third).
    AND it does it in a stadardized way...
    This layer-distribution can also be used for security. The UI-layer
    goes into the DM, the backend in a secure area, with a good
firewall-
    admin this becomes a secure setup...

hth
Alexander