Hi guys,

I’m trying to get myfaces to work with the Apache Pluto portlet container. Once I got everything working. I’ll try to find the time to do write-up for your wiki. My goal is to have the same code deployable as both a standalone webapp and a portlet-based webapp. First thing I noticed is that there is no warning when faces-config.xml gets read from several points (e.g. a servlet startup listener and the myfacesgenericportlet init method), so one ends up for instance with duplicate phase listeners instances and the like.

More, importantly, the behavior of the same application and the same configuration is different depending on the run-time environment. On the very first request after startup (which falls under the category “non-faces request, faces response”:

1)       The standalone version has a RESTORE_VIEW phase triggered and then a RENDER_RESPONSE phase.

2)       The portlet version has only a RENDER_RESPONSE phase.

Incidently, what would you suggest as the best way to define an application specific request entry&exit points. I thought those could be beforePhase(RESTORE_VIEW)  and afterPhase(RENDER_RESPONSE), but looks like it’s not reliable. I need to wrap every request with some initialization and cleanup code…..a common situation.

Thanks,

Bolerio