EasySI component can be used to populate SelectItem objects from types like Collection, Map and etc.

http://www.jroller.com/page/mert?entry=easysi_to_ease_the_pain

Regards,

Mert

On 7/14/06, Cosma Colanicchia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think that the row object has to return a List or an array of
javax.faces.model.SelectItem objects, then your view can point it
using a selectItems component nested inside the selectOneMenu.

Anyway, me neither like it.. the list usually comes from the model
layer, thus it cannot "depends" on view layer classes like SelectItem.
This kind of dependency is likely to cause problems. Has anyone found
a better way to do this?

Cosma