Wow that sounds like a mess!

-- Now that's a nice thing to say about someone else's code ;-)

Re: the # at the end that just means your extensions filter is probably not binding the javascript properly. All links (generally) in JSF are just to # on the current page, then javascript traps the action and converts it to a form POST (because HTML does not support anything like <a href=… method=”post”>). The fact that it’s not taking you anywhere (except #) means the javascript did not catch the click properly. I would guess this is something to do with the way in which you’ve setup the filters.

-- I just turned the extension filters off and I got it all back to working... :-)

Are you managing your backing beans with spring? Or simply trying to inject spring beans into JSF beans? Can you show more examples of your code?

-- Sure. I followed the 1st approach here: http://www.jroller.com/ page/cagataycivici?entry=integrating_jsf_and_spring (nice link)

It's nice. It allows for declarative wiring.

I think the reason they're not injected is because Spring injects the JSF beans after their constructor has run. I call the dependency *in* the constructor.

I solved this by calling (in the JSF Constructors) :

if(facade == null){
logger.warn("Facade still null. Cascading to explicit Instantiation. "); facade = (WebFacade)FacesContextUtils.getWebApplicationContext (FacesContext.getCurrentInstance()).getBean("webfacade");
}

As for Robert Cambell’s issue—I thought of something—the order in which the listeners occur is important. Make sure ContextLoaderListener is right at the top.

-- That's the case. (read that before)

Bye, Wolf