From: Mike Kienenberger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 9:49 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: Error in log file when using t:saveState

On 8/7/06, Frank Russo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What I meant by getting a new bean was that the values entered on the
> last screen are not being saved. It behaves like a simple request bean

> with no saveState tag on the page. I'm using client side state saving.
> I'm actually not trying to save the whole bean. The bean contains a
> list of objects that are displayed in a table. That is the only object

> I'd like to remain upon each request. I thought it was as simple as
> using the tag on the page. Is there something I need to do in the code

> to have the request scoped bean get the values from the saved List?

No, it's really that simple.   I'm also using client-side state
saving.  Here's an example from one of my edit pages (bean renamed for
clarity) of a list used as the value of a t:dataTable.

                <t:saveState id="documentList"
value="#{bean.documentList}"/>

So long as this statement is on the current page, the value will
continue to be preserved.