From: Mike Kienenberger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 6:54 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: swalled exception

Borislav,

When you come across something like this, consider opening a JIRA
issue and optionally attaching a patch to fix it.   At minimum, you
should include the stack trace or log message.  Be aware that some behavior
may be mandated by the JSF spec.

In this particular case, there's not enough information to even comment on
the specific problem.

On 7/17/06, Iordanov, Borislav (GIC) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>

> I'm sure there is a way to configure logging so that this doesn't
> happen, but by default I notice tons of swallowed exceptions in
> MyFaces. The resulting behavior obviously is that something doesn't
> work and there's no indication why. Regardless of logging the error
> and of my not having spent a few hours figuring out how to configure
> MyFaces logs, I think it is unacceptable behavior for the application
> to continue to run after a fatal error. An example of a fatal error is
> an NPE thrown from a property setter during the "update model values"
> request processing phase. Such errors should be propagated to the
> servlet container so that I can eventually see a stack trace on my browser
- very convenient during development.