Hi Jeff,

Can you give me some ideas about how you use phase listener for security? Or give me a link for more details.

Thank you,
Alin.

> I tried to modify the jsp-examples/security/protected example from
> Tomcat to see if the same problem appears with plain jsp. It does not
> appear.

Hmm, interesting...

I'm afraid I can't speak to that myself, as we use a phase listener for security.

Is anyone here using the built-in FORM security model with Tomcat?

Alin Dosoniu wrote:

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your quick answer.
Let me tell you more details about my application.
So, I use Tomcat and as security I have configured the FORM method. The security constraint just say that under /app/* there is a protected area and only "user" and "admin" users are allowed. There are /error.jsp and /login.jsp pages used by authentication system.

In my application I have a commandLink like this
<h:commandLink id="logout_link" action="go_firstpage" styleClass="header_right" >
       <h:outputText value="#{msg['log_out']}"/>
<f:actionListener type="app.listeners.LogOutListener"></f:actionListener>
   </h:commandLink>

Navigation setting for go_firstpage is like this
   <navigation-case>
       <from-outcome>go_firstpage</from-outcome>
           <to-view-id>/app/index.jsp</to-view-id>
   </navigation-case>
/app/index.jsp only makes a sendRedirect to a page ending in jsf.. (main.jsf).

The navigation rule starts like this
<navigation-rule>
       <from-view-id>*</from-view-id>

This is what I do in LogOutListener's processAction method:
FacesContext facesContext = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
HttpSession httpSession = ((HttpSession)facesContext.getExternalContext().getSession(false));
httpSession.invalidate();

I tried to modify the jsp-examples/security/protected example from Tomcat to see if the same problem appears with plain jsp. It does not appear.

Thanks in advanced,
Alin.