The width of the image has nothing to do w/ JSF.  These values are merely pass
through, whether directly or via CSS and @style.

To accomplish what you are trying to do, you may want to dynamically set the
width property of the UIGraphic component corresponding to the graphic tag.  If
@width supports a value binding expression, you are in luck.  Otherwise, you
may have to grab a reference to the component itself in a managed bean and set
the value there.  You will of course need some mechanism in place to
programatically identify the width of the image in the first place.

Dennis Byrne