Someone contributed a patch a few months ago.  I know I committed it to the 1.2
branch (no release) but I can't remember if it was committed to the 1.1 branch.
 If it was committed, I also can't tell you if it happened before or after the
last release (1.1.3).

What happens if you do this?

<f:facet name="caption">
  <h:outputText value="Does this work?" />
</f:facet>

This is a requirement for JSF 1.2 .

Dennis Byrne