Hi,

I have a strange issue with a JSF page I am working on...

When I set the value of a selectOneMenu component to a property of my
backing bean, my action listeners stop being fired. If I set the value of my
selectOneMenu to a property of an object stored on my backing bean they work
again. The data is being returned using Hibernate and I want to perform some
logic in the backing bean in case one of the properties is null, since
setting the menu's value to a property that would ordinarily throw a
NullPointerException gives this error:

ERROR org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlRendererUtils(355) -
Error finding Converter for component with id ....

...and that too prevents the action listeners from being triggered.

Other than this I am not getting any errors and am a bit stuck in all!

The app uses myfaces 1.1.4 and tomahawk 1.1.3 - the menu component and
command links that activate the action events are in a panelTab.

Has anybody had a similar issue, or can anyone please point me in the right
direction?

Many thanks in anticipation, Carl