Hi Torsten!
> Is it technically possible to merge an existing application which use
> Servlet+JSP and JSF together.

Yes, it is. This is what we did with our application too. We also
wrapped the old pages in an JSF view so that we have a FacesContext
available for the whole application. Even the Header/Footer includes are
in JSF now, only the "content" is still JSP for the old pages. This is
where the f:verbatim tag comes in handy :-)

> A complete Rework is not possible now, but in steps it would work.

Yep, same story here.

> So the question is, can i use JSF and old Servlets+JSP together ( means,
> one old workflow will be upgraded to new JSF technology while the others
> should stay, the Navigation of the old workflow is done by the old
> engine, for the new ones by JSF).

It is possible, though, it might take some time until you figured out
how to build the navigation bridge between JSP/JSF, this heavily depends
on your old application. Well, and then the fact that JSF pages aren't
easily bookmarkable might also be a problem if you have to provide your
user something like a navigation history (breadcrumbs).

> The only thing i don't know, if the session and application scope data
> can be "merged" - but it should be possible, should it?

These scopes are already "merged" the session scope in JSF is the same
as with JSP/Servlet.

Prepare for a lot of work, and the fact that you never ever would like
to edit your "old" JSP pages once you eaten the JSF drug ;-)

Ciao,
Mario