I wanted to add onto this to see if anyone could provide further insight. I
am using a custom variable resolver to access some session scoped variables.
I know the value is there because I can print it out. However, whenever I
try to reference the value in the disabled attribute of an input element,
the value is ignored. The value in the session scope is a Boolean (object).
I noticed that the attribute takes a boolean (primitive) on the getter and
setter methods. I am wondering if for some reason my Boolean is not being
translated correctly. When I just put the string "true" it works fine. But
using something like

disabled="#{flowScope.delete}"

does not work, where deleted is a Boolean. Printing out flowScope.delete
using regular EL or an outputText tag works fine.

I am using MyFaces 1.1.4, latest Facelets, Webflow 1.0. If anyone has any
ideas I would love to hear them. Thanks.