Thanks, David.

I did increase the permspace to 256m, but now it just takes a little longer to run out of memory. I am hoping that it is just a config error on my part.

Still investigating. I will post back to the list if I can pin point the problem.

-Sol

On Nov 27, 2006, at 1:38 PM, Nebinger, David wrote:

We started getting a lot more of these after the jdk 1.5.0.09 update, although I never spent time investigating the update docs to see if there had been any significant change to GC or other memory handling things.

Anyways, the other poster with the recommendation for either jrockit or permspace configuration options will help you out.

Another thing to be aware of is that although many app containers handle hot deployment, some of them are not so good at handling it gracefully. If you're getting these after a couple of hot deploys, you'll know if your container is possibly holding things in memory across deployments (and signals the need to cycle your container on a more frequent basis after a hot deployment.
-----Original Message-----
From: kindsol [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 1:07 PM
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: Newbie: OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space Question

Hey now,

I just upgraded my JSF release to MyFaces w/ facelets over the weekend. My web app has been working for about a year without fail in a production environment.

Things are converting over fairly nicely, but after my web application runs for a while (main page refreshes every minute) I get the following exception:

09:53:47,564 ERROR [[Faces Servlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Are there any known issues like this? Has anyone experienced this problem when they switched over?? I could not find anything in the mail list archive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-KindSol