On 11/30/06, Simon Kitching <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I would recommend writing your own class (in your own package namespace)
that subclasses HtmlInputDate. Add the methods that are needed.

You can then add a <component> tag to your web.xml to map the component
id used by the InputDateTag to your subclass instead of the "real" one.

The result is that you should then be able to use t:inputDate in your
pages but an instance of your patched component will be created instead.

Once you've proved this works, you canthen attach your patched class to
the JIRA issue; it would be a pretty simple task for a MyFaces committer
to merge the code into the "real" component.

And while you're waiting for the real component to be patched, you've
got a working solution....

Regards,

Simon

Any resources on doing this? I am stuck in a couple of places like do I need
to change the DEFAULT_RENDERER_TYPE? I think I would have to patch the
renderer too, how to configure it etc.

Thanks,
Aneesha