So the problem is  that i want to write a genric validator that
doesn't know of the id's you might want to use within your page, but
only  the meaning of those id, so u can have multiple zipcode checks
within the same page  without altering your validator.

Ah, I see. Since the address validator is inherently related to the
address fields, I think the best way to encapsulate this would be as a
custom component that programatically adds the inputText fields for
the street, zip, etc, keeping a reference to each as a class field. In
the custom component, you could override the validate() method with
your business logic.

Happy New Year!

/dmc