If you look at the example code that I put in the latest onload build,
I tested it on 1.1.4 myfaces/tomahawk. I strongly recommend that you
do not use 1.1.1 (not just for the on load component, but for many bug
reasons) and upgrade to 1.1.4. There is nothing special in my on-load
component that requires one myfaces version or another, in fact it
should work just fine with the RI (although not tested) as it only
uses the JSF API classes (no implementation specific dependencies).

-A