Hi John,

which version of tobago?

the onclick="Tobago.reloadComponent(<clientId>, '@autoId')"/> should
work (afaik), but is not the intended way to code ajax reload (this
was a interim solution).

anyway, the 'messageCount' is not a valid clientId, and tc:in is not
ajax reloadable.

the clientId is build from ids of namingcontainers, at least tc:page,
and the id of the component, so a valid clientId has at last on colon.

to reload the content of a tx:in you can surround it by a tc:panel e.g
(in the intended way):

<tc:page id="page"/>

 <tc:panel id="panel">
   <tx:in .../>
 </tx:panel>

 <tc:button ...>
   <tc:attribute name="renderedPartially" value=":page:panel"/>
 </tc:button>

</tc:page>

see the colon before 'page:panel' to make the clientId absolute.

regards,

Volker