Hi,

It's not supported by UIData, because sets are not indexed.

The workaround would be the wrapper you mentioned or a custom property
resolver;

http://www.jroller.com/page/mert?entry=settolistpropresolver_for_jsf_el

Cagatay

On 1/14/07, lightbulb432 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Can the value attribute of a h:dataTable be set to any Collection? I tried
setting it to a Set (specifically, HashSet), but that gave trouble. To
solve
this, I added another property to the backing bean which simply wrapped
that
bean's Set in a List and used that as the value attribute, and then it
worked fine!

What is the reason that Sets/HashSets aren't allowed to be used? I sure
hope
there's a way to get it work, as many of my Collections are Sets and I
wouldn't like to clutter my code with List wrappers just to make this
work.