Hi!

Well, I work in an mid size project, approx 3000 java files and 300 jsps.
No need for load balancing or failover, which makes things easier ;-)

We moved (or currently move) from our own persistence to hibernate with
all its problems (Lazy loading, detached objects, ...) Exceptions all
around ;-)

Then, I developed the ConversationTag which you'll find in tomahawk
sandbox which introduce a new scope to JSF - the conversation scope.
Every hibernate object
 now lives in this conversation scope which is synchronized with the
hibernate session and can span multiple requests and pages.

JBoss Seam do alot more, but the main live-saver (IMHO) is its
conversation scope which we have with our tag too.

Some people do not like it do define such things in the view, so the
latest addition is a custom scope for Spring which allows you to more
naturally deal with conversation beans, you simply have to write
scope=conversation in your spring bean configuration.
Some thoughts have to be done how to synchronize such a scope with
hibernate - well, I've done something there too, but I am still not
fully happy with it.

Ciao,
Mario