Hi Alex,

where did you call setTestDate()?

2007/1/19, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hello all,

Does anyone know if you can programatically change the value of a
<t:inputDate> field? I am trying to set the value of a <t:inputDate>
component so that it displays the date on screen. I can only get it to
display current date and time.

I have the followng backing bean :-

public class test {
    private Date effectiveDateFrom;

    public Date getEffectiveDateFrom()
    {
        return effectiveDateFrom;
    }

    public void setEffectiveDateFrom(Date effectiveDateFrom)
    {
        this.effectiveDateFrom = effectiveDateFrom;

Here is the jsp code :-

<t:inputDate value="#{test.effectiveDateFrom}" type="both"
popupCalendar="true" />

This will happily display the current date and time when the screen is
entered as the value of effectiveDateFrom is set to null but if I try and
set it to another value it ignores the new value and still displays the
current time e.g.

public void setTestDate {
    effectiveDateFrom = new Date(11629202495000);
}

On screen I still get the current time on refresh.

Has anyone programatically changed the value of a <t:inputDate>? If so could
someone let me know what I am doing wrong.

Many Thanks in advance.

Alex...

 This message (including any files transmitted with it) may contain
 confidential and/or proprietary information, is the property of
 Interactive Data Corporation and/or its subsidiaries, and is
 directed only to the addressee(s). If you are not the designated
 recipient or have reason to believe you received this message in
 error, please delete this message from your system and notify the
 sender immediately. An unintended recipient's disclosure,
 copying, distribution, or use of this message or any attachments is
 prohibited and may be unlawful