I have another question about MyFaces source code. When looking at the source
code included with MyFaces, I noticed that FacesServlet is specific to
MyFaces, as seen in the line:

SERVLET_INFO="FacesServlet of the MyFaces API implementation

I thought that Sun provided the standard set of APIs and the implementations
just extend/implement everything in the API package. For example, every
implementer of JSF uses the same FacesServlet class provided by the spec and
in their implementation they create a "MyFacesServlet" specific to them. I
didn't realize the way things worked was that they just replace the main
classes!? That seems pretty weird...

Is this a standard kinda way of implementing specs or is this a different
approach. Pardon my ignorance, as I'm inexperienced with all this...

Is there a Java EE 5 version of the JSF classes that get implemented or
replaced by the RI and MyFaces? Or are RI, MyFaces, and any other
implementations the only JSF source code that exist (i.e. there is no
"official" JSF source code)?

I am looking for Java EE 5 source code in general (incl. JSF) and can't find
it anywhere! Where'd you get it from?

Thanks.