Hi,

the modalDialog component uses the dojo js-lib dialog widget. Any js
related problems can not be solved by myfaces developers, they are
only dojo-related. Maybe you can find help with this issue on the dojo
list.

Apart from this, it maybe an issue you can live with; i also use the
modalDialog in an application and it works very well.

The current sandbox snapshot with the dialog component is deployed here:

http://example.irian.at/example-sandbox-20070131/dojo/dojoDialog.jsf

If you click on "searchOuterForm", the dialog accomplishes the same
usecase as you have with the form. Seems to work there.Have a look at
the source of the example, maybe it can assist.

What you mean by unable to enter? Are the input fields hidden, or
disabled? Does the post not happen?

cheers,

Gerald