Ok, I am getting closer,
I upgraded the tomcat versions, the problem still persists.
Funny thing is, it is only on a Mac (running an intel Dual Core)
If I serve the file from linux on a single core notebook
in the same Tomcat configuration the problems are gone.

This looks like a timing issue, i am not sure if the mac
is at fault here, or the Dual core is triggering
something in the JVM, I got a similar report from
a user whom I am trying to fix some issues in the Fisheye for.
Anyway, dojo is not at fault here, the problem either is the jdk
or some resource loader code going haiwire.

The funny thing is, once I switched tomcats the client abort exception
stopped (maybe it was ignored due to different settings) but the result
of not working dojo controls persisted.

I will add a note in the jira report, someone else has to take
over that, I have to say this is beyound the domain where I am
good at :-(

Werner