From: Jeff Bischoff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 3:03 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: Javscript Issues with JSF 1.2, Tomahawk 1.1.3

Bharath,

Offhand, I can tell you there were some javascript changes to improve
compatibility since Tomahawk 1.1.3. Some of the devs like Martin would
know more on this. Just to narrow down which versions your problem is
affecting, can you also try with Tomahawk 1.1.4 rc from here [1] and
Tomahawk 1.1.5 nightly from here [2]?

[1] http://people.apache.org/builds/myfaces/tomahawk-1.1.x/
[2] http://people.apache.org/builds/myfaces/nightly/

Regards,

Jeff Bischoff
Kenneth L Kurz & Associates, Inc.

Bharath Belagodu wrote:
> Using JSF 1.2 with Tomahawk 1.1.3 is causing issues with several of
the
> components developed in our application. The dynamic menus and static
> menus developed using panelNavigation2 aren't working. There is
> javascript error detected. The javascript error is 'Object Expected'.
> So, I set to explore just a simple example of a commandLink.
>

> The below code has an error, I'm using the tomahawk's commandLink
> component.
>

> <t:commandLink action="welcome">
>
>   <f:verbatim>&#8250; </f:verbatim>
>
>   <t:outputText value="Test Client" />
>
> </t:commandLink>
>

> Changing the t:commandLink to h:commandLink works.
>

> Is tomahawk 1.1.3 not compatible with JSF 1.2? Previously we were
using
> myfaces-1.1.4 and it worked great.
>

> Also, another strange behavior with JSF 1.2 is that our xhtml files
> appear as raw files when being displayed in Mozilla browser, if I use
IE
> 6 or IE 7 there isn't an issue. This wasn't the case with
myfaces1.1.4.