I have just gotten done attempting the same thing.  I am using Myfaces,
Tomahawk, and facelets for am existing project. I wanted to use Trinidad as
well.

I was unsuccessful in getting them to play nicely.  At first there was an
issue with dashes ("-") in component IDs  I believe Trinidad uses component
IDs as javascript variables and that was causing errors.  After changing
those I found that there is a bug in tomahawk (bug #777) in the
<t:dataScroller> that caused issues with Trinidad.  If you do a search you
will find other bugs related to tomahawk and Trinidad.

The breaker for me was that my dataTable uses the attribute
"forceIdIndexFormula" and the value uses "-" in its name.  Trinidad was then
using that as a javascript variable name and caused many errors.

When I get a little time I am going to investigate this more, and see if I
can help out the cause.  I think that these two libraries are powerful and
would be great together.

If you learn anything more, or see issues with my findings please let me
know.

-Jay